We share a vision for culture change with more than 100 other organization in our network and the broader abortion access and Reproductive Justice movements. Learn about our role in the collaborative writing of this vision as a participating organization in the Culture Change Strategy Group.
- Abortion is understood as a basic human right, an essential part of healthcare, and a normal part of life.
- Everyone can access safe and affordable abortion regardless of age, class, race, gender identity, ability, geography, immigration status, and insurance status.
- Providers and people who have abortions are supported and respected and do not fear or experience judgment, stigma, discrimination, violence, or criminalization.
- All people can talk openly about abortion with sensitivity to the complexity and nuances of individual experiences.
- Every person is able to make personal decisions about abortion based upon their own beliefs and values.
- Media supports the dignity and diversity of individual reproductive decisions and decision-makers. Media truthfully and authentically represents abortion and refrains from sensationalizing the experience.
The Culture Change Strategy Group was 28 creative leaders committed to creating culture change around abortion. The CCSG brought together advocates, researchers, media makers, artists, health professionals, pastors, communicators, policy experts, activists, and more. Working together, the CCSG created an aligned vision, values, and strategies to shift culture around abortion.