In the spirit of our values of both autonomy and collective power, each fund will self determine how much they can contribute toward NNAF dues. Membership Dues defray the cost of our programming for all abortion funds in our network and acknowledge the mutual investment in our relationship.. For context and budget transparency, below is a list of programmatic costs for NNAF benefits. With the exception of Technical Assistance coaching, each amount is estimated on program cost alone and does not include NNAF staff time. Any amount your fund can pay will qualify you for the list of benefits below.
Benefits of NNAF Membership Include:
- Subsidies to attend the annual National Organizing Summit. Average value: $1,300 per fund
- Eligibility and subsidies to participate in Regional Convenings: Average value: $1,950 per fund
- Eligibility to participate in the Annual Bowl-a-Thon, which includes access to Classy peer-to-peer fundraising platform and hands-on assistance from dedicated NNAF staff. Average value: Unlimited fundraising potential
- NNAF programming, including Movement Makers, the Network Movement Building Labs (NMBL and NMBL+), and organizational development programs. Average value per individual participant: $4,000
- Eligibility to participate in member leadership bodies such as the Network Design Team, and Organizing Working Group. Average stipend value: $1000 per fund
- Access to technical assistance and coaching from NNAF staff on organizing, security and risk assessment, communications and media strategy, organizational development, fundraising, and more. Estimated value: $200 per coaching call
- Access to regular skillshare webinars. Average value: $90 per webinar
- Access to the George Tiller Memorial Fund for abortion funding grant support. Average Tiller Fund grant size: $350
- Peer support and cultivated connections with fellow abortion fund leaders to build a strong grassroots network that funds abortion and builds power together. Estimated value: priceless!
Read More About Grassroots Fundraising
We wanted to let our community know that we are in the early stages of planning for an executive transition for NNAF in early 2022. We’re working with Strategies for Social Change (SSC), who oversaw the search that led to Yamani’s hiring in 2015. By the time Yamani steps down, she will have been Executive […]
Prioritizing community care and safety amid threats of escalating violence We are grateful to you, the abortion funding community, for being one of solidarity, connection, mutual caring, sensemaking, and shared purpose. NNAF is closing until January 25th, in recognition of the grief, mourning, safety, and survival planning needed as we navigate this historic and violent […]
While we approach the end of a devastating four years under Trump, our work is far from over. Inauguration day will open up possibilities for us to push for much-needed change: end the Hyde Amendment and other laws that render abortion illegal and inaccessible, end the policing of pregnant people, increase access to medication abortion, […]