In the spirit of our values of both autonomy and collective power, each fund will self determine how much they can contribute toward NNAF dues. Membership Dues defray the cost of our programming for all abortion funds in our network and acknowledge the mutual investment in our relationship. For context and budget transparency, below is a list of programmatic costs for NNAF benefits. With the exception of Technical Assistance coaching, each amount is estimated on program cost alone and does not include NNAF staff time. Any amount your fund can pay will qualify you for the list of benefits below.
Benefits of NNAF Membership Include:
- Subsidies to attend the annual National Organizing Summit. Average value: $1,300 per fund
- Eligibility and subsidies to participate in Regional Convenings: Average value: $1,950 per fund
- Eligibility to participate in the Annual Fund-a-Thon, which includes access to Classy peer-to-peer fundraising platform and hands-on assistance from dedicated NNAF staff. Average value: Unlimited fundraising potential
- NNAF programming, including Movement Makers, the Network Movement Building Labs (NMBL and NMBL+), and organizational development programs. Average value per individual participant: $4,000
- Eligibility to participate in member leadership bodies such as the Network Design Team, and Organizing Working Group. Average stipend value: $1000 per fund
- Access to technical assistance and coaching from NNAF staff on organizing, security and risk assessment, communications and media strategy, organizational development, fundraising, and more. Estimated value: $200 per coaching call
- Access to regular skillshare webinars. Average value: $90 per webinar
- Peer support and cultivated connections with fellow abortion fund leaders to build a strong grassroots network that funds abortion and builds power together. Estimated value: priceless!
Read More About Grassroots Fundraising
Letter from Yamani Hernandez, Executive Director Dear friends, Six years ago, I accepted an offer to join the National Network of Abortion Funds as their new executive director. When I joined the staff, there were twelve full-time employees. The organization had a budget of just over $2 million a year; we fiscally sponsored the All* […]
On December 1st, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, a case centered on a Mississippi law that bans abortion after fifteen weeks of pregnancy. Dobbs v. Jackson is a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade, which upholds the federal right to abortion in the US before viability. […]
“More than 80% of our callers cross state lines.” –– Missouri Abortion Fund Missouri is what’s known as a “trigger law” state: if Roe v. Wade is overturned, abortion will immediately become illegal. Currently, there is only one clinic in our state that provides abortion care. Missourians seeking an abortion are subject to mandatory “counseling” […]