When you become a monthly donor to the National Network of Abortion Funds you can also opt in to join as an individual member and your annual membership dues will be waived! Individual Members receive the iconic Everyone Loves Someone Who Had An Abortion shirt, get plugged into a transformative learning community, and receive invitations to join powerful opportunities for action!
Declare your support for abortion funds and commitment to act for abortion access as an individual member and a monthly donor!
Change starts by tapping the individual and collective power present in organizing strategies fueled by protests, petitions, rallies, and single policy victory. What supports the radical change we seek comes from building strong movements through sustained organizing, pressure, and effort. This is one of the reasons why we launched individual membership. We wanted to provide more opportunities for abortion fund supporters to plug-in and grow in their activism.
We also know that change is not going to come without resources. It is going to take all of us contributing what we can — be that time, money, skills — to collectively create the future we dream of. That is one of the reasons why monthly donations make such a critical impact. A monthly gift offers the National Network of Abortion Fund’s financial resources we can count on to fund abortion today and build power for the future we dream of tomorrow.
Being a monthly donor and an individual member is a powerful way to demonstrate your personal commitment to abortion access. As a thank you for this dedication and in celebration of your generosity, we will waive the membership fee for anyone who is making a monthly gift to the National Network of Abortion Funds.
Simply start your monthly gift, and you will receive an invitation to opt into the individual membership community. Each year, as long as you are still contributing a monthly donation of any amount, you will be sent a special sign up link to renew your membership and receive a gift, free of charge.
What’s the difference between a monthly donation and individual membership?
Individual members pay a sliding-scale annual dues fee to defray the cost of a gift and programming, but no other financial contribution is required. Monthly donations are about resource development and making sure we can continue to fund abortion and invest in the leadership, training, support, and infrastructure we need to build power and win the long game.
As a monthly donor:
- You are putting your money where your heart is by sharing your financial resources to ensure that no matter what happens people can get the abortion they need and want.
- You are thoughtfully and boldly leveraging your resources to support abortion funds, demonstrating how much more powerful we are when we collectively come together.
- You are redistributing wealth to create a flourishing safety net that meets people’s needs today and builds the collective power we need to win the long game.
As an individual member:
- You will have more intentional opportunities to plug-in, learn more about organizing, and grow your leadership as an abortion access activist.
- You will receive regular local and national updates and action alerts.
- You will be invited to connect with your local fund and gain access to a community of like-minded people both online and at in-person gatherings.
- You will receive a stigma-busting membership gift.
When we come together we can push back against injustices that would have been impossible to surmount if we went at it alone. Thank you for considering sharing your resources as a monthly donor and plugging into the network as an individual member!
Once you become a monthly donor you will be sent a special link to sign up as a member and have your dues waived!
Questions? Contact the Development team at [email protected] or call (617) 267-7161, ext.2.