The contents of this webpage are for informational purposes only.
Today, people can safely and effectively manage their abortion on their own terms, without an abortion provider or clinic, if they choose. There are many reasons one might prefer to end their own pregnancy at home. It allows for control — of the experience, the location and the timing.
The option of self-managing an abortion at home can empower us to end a pregnancy on our own terms. Everyone should be able to choose the option that works best for them, whether that is care with a provider at a clinic or self-managing their abortion.
Some people already obtain and use abortion pills on their own — despite the legal and logistical barriers — only seeking medical help in the rare circumstance that they experience complications.
Anti-abortion politicians are standing in the way of all types of safe, effective, affordable methods of abortion care. In fact, between 2011-2017, politicians have passed more than 400 state laws that make it difficult – sometimes impossible – to get an abortion. They make abortion unaffordable and shut down clinics while attempting to shame and punish people who have abortions.
In many states, politicians have imposed regulations that create barriers to the use of medication abortion specifically, as well as to safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable abortion services generally. The regulations often prohibit qualified providers from providing services, misinform women of the risks of the procedures they are considering, overrule patients’ and clinicians’ medical decision making, or require medically unnecessary services and delays in care.
Listing these resources does not imply endorsement of any content.
Women Help Women
- Click here to find information in English on Women Help Women.
- Haga clic aquí para encontrar información en español sobre Women Help Women.
- Cliquez ici pour trouver des informations en français sur Women Help Women.
- Klik di sini untuk menemukan informasi dalam Bahasa Indonesia pada Wanita Bantuan Perempuan.
- Clicca qui per trovare informazioni in lingua italiana sulle donne aiutare le donne.
- Kliknij tutaj, aby znaleźć informacje w języku polskim na temat Kobiet pomóc kobietom.
- Clique aqui para encontrar informações em Português sobre Women Help Women.
Women On Web
- Click here to find information in English on Women on Web.
- Haga clic aquí para encontrar información en español sobre Women on Web.
- برای پیدا کردن اطلاعات به زبان فارسی در زنان در وب اینجا را کلیک کنید.
- Cliquez ici pour trouver des informations en français sur Women on Web.
- Kattintson ide, hogy információt találni a magyar Nők a Web.
- Klik di sini untuk menemukan informasi dalam Bahasa Indonesia tentang Perempuan di Web.
- 한국 여성 온라인 웹 사이트에서 정보를 찾으려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Klik hier om informatie in het Nederlands te vinden op Women on Web.
- Kliknij tutaj, aby znaleźć informacje w języku polskim na Women on Web.
- Clique aqui para encontrar informações em Português sobre Women on Web.
- I-click dito upang mahanap ang impormasyon sa Tagalog on Women on Web.
- Web’de Kadınlar üzerine Türkçe bilgi aramak için buraya tıklayın.
- Information about how to keep your research about abortion private
- Abortion on Our Terms: NNAF is a partner organization working to realize the potential of medication abortion to take back control and enable anyone who chooses this option to end their pregnancy safely, effectively, privately – on their own terms.
- Self-Managed Abortion Resources
- If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice: information on criminalization
- If you or someone you know is being investigated, detained, arrested, or concerned they might be questioned by the police for having an abortion, contact the Repro Legal Helpline.
- Plan C provides comprehensive information on self-managed abortion: through education and sharing information, driving new research, and mobilizing activists in the growing self-care movement.
- Euki App is the first app of its kind to offer sexual and reproductive health information and tools to track what’s going on with your body in one place AND on a totally private and secure platform. The app is especially for people in the United States, but much of the information is relevant to people all over the world.