We’re hosting a network-wide political education webinar series exclusively for individual and abortion fund members.
Political education is a process of collaborative learning that unites us around storytelling, shared language and analysis, and coordinated action. The National Network of Abortion Funds is committed to providing spaces for shared learning and relationship building throughout our network. We understand the importance of growing our knowledge and connection through shared language, understanding, and politicalization to shift the culture that shames and stigmatizes abortion, and creates barriers that prevent our families and communities from thriving. Through this series, we aim to support collective understanding of reproductive oppression and prepare our membership to build power and make reproductive justice a reality.
Many of the topics in this series speak to NNAF’s intersectional approach to developing authentic partnerships with other organizations and across issues. Building a movement means growing our “we” by showing up for others and inspiring them to take up our cause. It means we connect the dots for others about how racial, economic, environmental, ability, immigrant, and gender injustice can be measured by access to abortion. Building our movement requires us to celebrate victories, create cross movement-minded strategies, demonstrate love & compassion, and be a leading flame on the road toward liberation for all.
Webinar topics will include:
- Reproductive Justice 101 – Reproductive justice is a framework and approach started and led by women of color, and was specifically coined by Black women from SisterSong. This session focuses on the distinctions and intersections of reproductive health, rights, and justice, and how to bring a reproductive justice analysis into our work.
- The Intersections of Reproductive Justice and Gender Justice – Aimed at building our understanding of the intersections of gender and reproductive justice, this session will discuss the nuances of gender and reproductive oppression, and how reproductive justice extends beyond gender binaries.
- Sustaining Ourselves and Building Resilience in Challenging Times – Fighting against constant attacks on our autonomy can take a toll on our bodies, relationships, and movements. This session will focus on wellness and resilience skills to fortify our individual and collective bodies for the long haul.
- Decolonizing Abortion Access – Decolonization requires a deliberate re-centering of indigenous worldviews in our work for reproductive and racial justice. Participants in this session will explore moving towards a culture of solidarity that practices deep, transformative responsibility to one another and the earth.
- Indigenous Solidarity – In building a network that aims to center racial justice, we must learn to prioritize indigenous identities and work to make them more visible. Participants in this session will learn how to incorporate indigenous perspectives into their political analysis.
- Having Conversations About Abortion Access During the Holidays – One of the biggest ways abortion rights supporters can make an impact is by voicing their support often and without judgment. During this session, abortion fund and individual members will learn and share skills around having transformative conversations about abortions with family, even when you do not agree on everything about abortion.
- Redistributing Wealth – Fundraising is one of our core strategies to fund abortion and build power together. It is an opportunity to organize and lead our communities to resource our movement by modeling different kinds of economies. During this session, participants will learn concrete skills and strategies around redistributing wealth.
Interested in participating? Become an individual member today!
Consider starting a monthly donation to NNAF to have your annual dues fee waived. Learn more.